Operating system : 64 bit
Web Application : 32 bit
Probable errors : Could not load assembly
When running any application on IIS and the dll cannot be loaded,
it could be that the application is a pure 32 bit application and the operating system is 64bit
You would need to enable 32 bit applications in IIS
Following is the process explained:
Configuring IIS to Run 32-bit Applications on 64-bit Windows (IIS 6.0)
<form name="Master" method="post"
<input type="label" name="TerminalId" value="S"
Sh = CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
//MsgBox(user & ” ” &
sys & ” to ” & server)
//Wscript.Echo “Logon By ” & User & “
from ” & sys & ” On to ” & Server
var network = new
document.Master.TerminalId.value = network.ComputerName + “.” +
sh = new ActiveXObject(“WScript.Shell”)
//var sys =
WTS = new ActiveXObject(“WTSManager.Shell”)
//alert(WTS.MyClientName + ” My
IP address: ” + WTS.MyIPAddress);
if(sys == ‘%CLIENTNAME%’)
if(Server == sys)
alert(sys + ” – ” + server + ‘ – ‘ +
The script will fetch the parameter from the ysstem variable and extract the computer name logged in or the current one.
Yetanotherforums being a pretty good forum made in Asp .Net can get pretty nasty when installing it, especially with iis 7.0
I found a site which describerd a few things on what to do especially with me getting all sorts of security exception, and then after going through that i had issues with sql server.
I still don’t know how well it will cope up but it seems to be working.
a few things is required in the web.config file (rename default.config to web.config if this is a fresh installation) and change the yafnet section to look like this
you may also require the following in the system.web section if you get a lot of configurationExceptions
After finally getting through the initial setup screens i started getting sqlClient exceptions.
Something to do with the column name never existed. It was something to do with the database being case sensitive. So i ran the scripts manually and it runs beautifully now.
I will be making the forums live after a few weeks and a lot of testing and setting up the site as it is required to.
I am also in a hunt for themes for this forums, but i assume this will have to be made to fit.
Got a few links that can help.
Make sure that you check the log file in the server’s directory, to find the nature of the error.
this blog gives a brief description of the protocol errors:
if you are not able to connect to the server, follow the steps given in
And if your client is Vista, turn off the firewall.. that will solve the issue, Im trying to find how to enable the firewall and still connect to the DB.
Will update accordingly,